Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
CMUcam1 usage (Still Waiting a Solution) — Parallax Forums

CMUcam1 usage (Still Waiting a Solution)

ShyShy Posts: 15
edited 2008-08-24 20:43 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

Can i use CMUcam1 along with all assessories like ping, IR headlights, photoresistors, QTI LINE Follower, gripper, whiskers·on Boe-Bot. Actually i have all these assessories.

Post Edited (Shy) : 8/22/2008 4:19:53 PM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-20 16:31
    Have you looked at Parallax's BoeBot CMUcam? (www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampModules/tabid/134/txtSearch/cmucam/List/1/ProductID/29/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName)

It's a modified version of the CMUcam, mostly so it can attach directly to the BoeBot's AppMod connector. There's sample code included on the webstore page.

There are 16 I/O pins on the Stamp. Each of the accessories you mention need one or more I/O pins. You have to add it all up and see if you run out. There are ways to expand the I/O capability of a Stamp (check out the Basic Analog and Digital tutorial), but it's not like just adding I/O pins. For example, the various built-in I/O statements (like PULSOUT, PULSIN, COUNT, SERIN, SEROUT) can only be used with the built-in I/O pins.
  • ShyShy Posts: 15
    edited 2008-08-21 02:53
    after adding all accessories in other words after utilizing all I/O pins of stamp. the CMUcam1 in AppMod behave strange. its mini speaker make certain voice of click.

One more thing to mention i use all the I/O pins of stamps by my choice. e.g i connect the ping to PIN0, and ping servo to PIN1 etc. Does it matter?

but when i use that CMUcam on other boe-bot with no accessories, it works fine.

Please clear me one thing whether CUMcam1 can work with all the pins (16) of stamp in use??
  • ShyShy Posts: 15
    edited 2008-08-24 17:31
    i am still waiting for the solution of my CUMcam1·
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2008-08-24 17:40
    awaiting the solution...

You state the you have other (many other?) devices connected, maybe all that's dragging down your supply voltage.

You asked... "Please clear me one thing whether CUMcam1 can work with all the pins (16) of stamp in use??"

Hope you aren't "sharing" inputs or outputs.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2008-08-24 20:43
    Shy said...
    "Please clear me one thing whether CUMcam1 can work with all the pins (16) of stamp in use??"
    Only if some of those pins are exclusivly allocated to the CMUCAM.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen