Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Lights Out or Not and more — Parallax Forums

Lights Out or Not and more

Matthew HayMatthew Hay Posts: 63
edited 2008-08-20 14:25 in Propeller 1
I've always wanted to add some smarts to my automobiles, so I have three questions (first two are not really prop specific)

1)· What would be the simplest circuit to connect to a prop to allow it to monitor if the lights (headlights, taillights, etc) were blown or not, this circuit would need to work if lights were on or off.· I'm sure there is a nice slick way of doing this but all I keep thinking of are complex ways.

2)· What would be the best solution for distance measuring from a moving automobile?· I would think engine/road noise would interfere heavily with ping sensors, is that the case?· Also seems anything using light (visible or not) would get too much·interferance from sunlight.

3)· This is prop specific.· Would it be possible to do speech recognition using just the prop and mic (demo board circuitry)?· Again I think I am over complicating this one in parts and not enough in others.· I was kind of wondering if a reverse of the speech engine was possible, that way you could have a dictionary of sound groupings to compare.· Yes ofcourse I want my car to listen to me, being married and having a kid I need something to listen to me :P

·