Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
is there any way to add voice recognition to the bs2px chip — Parallax Forums

is there any way to add voice recognition to the bs2px chip

BadgerBadger Posts: 184
edited 2008-08-27 06:40 in BASIC Stamp
Hello

is there any way to add voice recognition to the bs2px chip on the boe board along with text to speech as well

badger

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 8/20/2008 11:11:09 PM GMT

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2008-08-20 00:46
    add aditional chips that do what you want and talk to the stamp serially. What those chips may be is for you to Google.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • kevinb2050kevinb2050 Posts: 56
    edited 2008-08-20 04:21
    Good Luck with speech recognition for speech I have been playing around with the SpeakJet chip with a BS2e, early days so far but it seems to be the way to go
    do a google search or Nuts & Volts on the parallax site
    If you have any success on speech recognition PLEASE let me know
  • GICU812GICU812 Posts: 289
    edited 2008-08-26 20:10
    Check out VRStamp and the HM2007

http://www.imagesco.com/kits/speech-recognition-kit.html

Im just starting to look into this, but both those look promising. Keep us updated.
  • GICU812GICU812 Posts: 289
    edited 2008-08-27 06:40
    Ive been looking into it all day. The VR stamp seems far superior to the HM2007. The HM2007 has a fixed number of words, and you must program them. You can do 40 words for one person, or 10 words for anyone. I dont think the VRStamp has any such limitations, though Im not positive. Also the VRStamp can playback audio files, access CF cards, and I guess do a lot of other stuff, Im a little unsure of how to program it.

The VRStamp you can get for $40 a couple of places, but its listed out of stock and Ive found posts back to July 1st corroborating this, so I have no idea when it will be in stock. The development board is $130 from the manufacturer, but also listed out of stock, other places go up to $350 for the exact same part. If you can find it available anywhere at a reasonable price, please let me know, I emailed the OEM.

Id like to get just the chip itself, but I dont know how to program in whatever language it uses, much less how to even connect the chip to a computer. The only information I can find is looking at the dev board, and it uses the same pins over and over and over again, so im not sure exactly how it works.