Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EB500 bluetooth communication problem — Parallax Forums

EB500 bluetooth communication problem

JeffIntJeffInt Posts: 6
edited 2008-08-19 00:09 in Propeller 1
Hi all

I am having trouble with an eb500 bluetooth module, propeller and pc connection.

If we start with the bare bones. The eb500 is connected for power only and has connected to a pc (the little light on the module is lit). So far so good.

Now I believe that in this state I should be able to use Hyperterminal to talk to the module ie send "var all" and get something back. As you may imagine I have had limited success.

Hyperterminal is set to communicate over port 10 which I understand is the correct port in my setup. Reading the manuals from A7 I should be able to alter baud, parity etc in Hyperterminal. For this comm port the configure button does not react when selected, is this correct?

If we take it that Hyperterminal is set to auto detect these sort of things I should now be able to type "commands" which will be sent to the eb500. Well this is where you guys come in. Even with Hyperterminal set to echo characters back to the screen I get no response from the eb500.

Anyone been through this pain, do you have suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Post Edited (JeffInt) : 8/19/2008 7:01:27 AM GMT

Comments

• JeffIntJeffInt Posts: 6
    edited 2008-08-18 22:28
    Note to self, consider adding a title to your next "New post"
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2008-08-19 00:09
    JeffInt said...
    Note to self, consider adding a title to your next "New post"
    You still can (and should). Just click the edit button in the upper righthand corner to change it.

-Phil

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    'Still some PropSTICK Kit bare PCBs left!