Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Programming Question on the Protoboard — Parallax Forums

Propeller Programming Question on the Protoboard

MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
edited 2008-08-16 21:54 in Propeller 1
OK, now let's assume I have all the hardware wired and I am hooked up to the usb port. I have loaded and ran both Propeller tool and Propeller terminal. Now, I want to do something in spin with the objects. Do I load each in one at a time until I have them all·and then ·compile F8·then send them to the Prop-F11? or do I simply list all of the names of the objects under one master Object in the OBJ section and have them in the same physical and logical directory?· I am a little bit unclear on this. (I am talking about the Protoboard.)

It is hard to put into words what I am asking. But, I hope that you understand.

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-16 20:45
    It has nothing to do with whether you have a Protoboard or a Demo Board or a Hydra or a YBox2. The same process works for any Spin program.

You have a "main" program which is the one in the "top-most" source window when you compile or you've designated it as the top object using the "Select Top File" or Ctrl-T menu item. Near the beginning of this source program, you will have an OBJ section with one or more declarations of objects referred to by the program. These contain the names of the Spin source files for those objects. When you compile your program, the compiler automatically includes the source programs for those objects as well as any objects referred to by the included objects. It's all automatic. These Spin programs need to be in the same directory as the top-most source program or in the Propeller Tool's library directory for them to be found.
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-08-16 21:54
    Thanks, Mike. You bailed me out again. I am glad that you are there for us youngun's (I mean Newbies).
    smile.gif