Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
help w/ little step-u — Parallax Forums

help w/ little step-u

PeterRPeterR Posts: 10
edited 2008-08-16 17:25 in BASIC Stamp
Need help on correctly wiring the "Little Step-U".· Am trying to wire the "Little Step-U" board, the "HomeWork Board", stepper motor and power supply as shown in the "application sample" shown on page 11 of the documentation· for "Little Step-U". Have found however, that the programming provided by Parallax called "Simple Stepper Motor Demonstration" as a test for correct set-up calls for "P4-P7 to be outputs.· Also the page 11 schematic shows a connection from "Vin" to "Vss".· What should that look like with the components I am using?· Have tried to ammend the page 11 wiring to reflect the configuration of P4-P7 being outputs.· Currently my wiring is· the black, orange, brown, Yellow wires are connected to the coil A-D pins on the "Little Step-U" and since the programming·has P4-P7 as outputs I've connected the "serial out" pin on the "Little Step-U" in series with P4-P7 on the "HomeWork Board".· Does this sound right? Thanks, PeterR

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2008-08-16 01:05
    Why not use the DEMOs, etc. provided at http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampModules/tabid/134/List/1/ProductID/68/Default.aspx?txtSearch=little+step&SortField=ProductName%2cProductName ?

I'm Replying as you posted this at 09h53 and nobody has Replied.· So, I'm certain the floodgates will open forthwith.
  • kelvin jameskelvin james Posts: 531
    edited 2008-08-16 17:25
    Have a look at the pinout from the manual shown. The stepu vcc pin goes to the vss ( 5 volt ) connection on the homework board, same with the ground. If you just want to get it running, you only need to use one pin from the stamp to the serial in pin on the stepu, for the stepu to receive commands from the stamp. The ip1/2, busy and serial out can be connected to individual pins on the stamp later to utilize those functions. Just adjust the pin constants in your program if using different pins on the stamp. The other half is the motor power supply and connections. Don't know about the coil connections for your paticular motor, if it just jitters around, then the coils are mixed up. Always double check your wiring, i already fried one of these from a bone-head move on my part.
    303 x 331 - 50K