Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
What objects would Parallax like to see made? — Parallax Forums

What objects would Parallax like to see made?

Matthew HayMatthew Hay Posts: 63
edited 2008-08-19 15:12 in Propeller 1
While sitting around thinking of what objects I could write for any periphery (how ever you spell it) that I have, I thought "I wonder what objects the guys/gals at Parallax would like to see written for the prop".

So for the employees at Parallax, what objects would you like to see written for the prop that have not already been done?

Note:
I am in no way saying I have the talent (or time) to write any of them I'm just curious

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-08-15 17:09
    Matthew,

I guess it goes without saying that many of us here at Parallax have been eager to start writing all kinds of cool new objects for the Propeller. I think I can speak for Jeff Martin especially, since I know he spends so many hours/week working on the Propeller Tool and maintaining many other applications and hardware here at Parallax. In keeping with continued development it has been difficult to keep up on new objects for the Propeller; however we are working toward providing more application examples and objects. I can’t speak for what others here at Parallax would like to see or write, but I myself have been working toward some PWM stuff as well as some objects to handle sensor fusion.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-08-18 23:33
    Drivers for sensors or any sort of input device are most welcome, as these seem to be among the most downloaded objects. The best submissions have a driver object and a demo object which uses the driver object in a simple yet straight-forward example of the driver's use.

Also well thought out complex mathmatics objects are good, such as kalmann filtering, cordic, PID, etc. These are more difficult to write because of the subject matter and it can be hard writing a generalized engine.

But really anything that interests you that isn't already well represented in the object exchange will be a welcome addition.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2008-08-19 01:03
    I can only get a very remote sense of how busy you guys are, but even that impression is a little staggering. Maybe if you could give some specific devices and chips that you would like to integrate but just don't have the time to play with.

Maybe a "list of chips and devices that I will never have enough time to play with but wish I could." I'm sure there are a lot of guys here ( ok... maybe just a few, time will tell[noparse]:)[/noparse] that would like to give something back... but don't know exactly how to do it. And there are a lot of guys that can do just about anything but aren't exactly sure what to do next.
  • hippyhippy Posts: 1,981
    edited 2008-08-19 15:12
    Two drivers I'd like to see are "Phoneme/Allophone to Speech" as per SPO256 and on top of that full "Text to Speech" ( output PWM'd via an RC filter ).

There's the "seven" demo and I know someone else had a go ( "video killed the radio stars" ) but I couldn't get to grips with the formant mechanism or modify what there was. What I'd like is to be able to speak data just as easily as it's displayable ...

Pnoneme.Str( String("HH/EE/LL/OW WH/R1/LL/DT") ) ' or whatever
    Tts.Str( String("Hello world") )