Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need Docs/Software for "legacy" Stamps — Parallax Forums

Need Docs/Software for "legacy" Stamps

ca249ca249 Posts: 2
edited 2008-08-14 13:40 in BASIC Stamp
I was cleaning out my garage and found a box·with a couple·of old Stamps.··The orginal ones that had a 9v battery connector. These have to be about 12-15 years old.·One of them was still wirewrapped to·one of Scott Edwards' backpack LCD controllers. I pluged in a battery and it·started running with what I must have written as a LCD display tester.

I looked over the Parallex website and can not seem to find any documentaion or software for these. I seem to remember that it might have been a DOS program to edit/load the Stamp. It was loaded via a parallel cable. The PIC mpu is marked PBASIC 1.4.

Where can·I find the docs/software for these devices?

Thanks for any help.

Ray
·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-13 20:45
    As far as I know, the standard Stamp Editor should work and the current PBasic manual still applies. You can download fresh copies from Parallax's website. Go to the main webpage and click on the Resources tab, then the Downloads item.

Since it has a parallel port for programming, it's probably a BS1. You can buy a converter for programming (www.parallax.com/Store/Accessories/CablesConverters/tabid/166/CategoryID/40/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/44/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName) or build your own from the schematic on this web page or in the PBasic manual.

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 8/13/2008 8:51:01 PM GMT
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-08-13 20:50
    Ray,

That board uses the BASIC Stamp 1. The only thing that has changed since then is that you cannot use the DOS editor on modern Windows computers. For this reason programming is done through the serial port now. You may need the BS1 Serial adapter we carry ($4.95) to allow the BS1 to be programmed as the BASIC Stamp 2 is, through the serial port. I hope this helps. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • ca249ca249 Posts: 2
    edited 2008-08-14 13:40
    Thanks for the replys. Your input helps a lot.

Ray