Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
need help from being bored — Parallax Forums

need help from being bored

TCTC Posts: 1,019
edited 2008-08-14 00:29 in BASIC Stamp
After being board for many weeks I found something to do. I took one of those electronic name tags ( http://www.lightresource.com/led_name_tag_scrolling_digital_badge.html ), removed everything but the led’s and the flip-flops. I have it lighting up but not good. You can see it scan from left to right. Could anyone just look at my code and see if there is any way to make it better?
What I would like to do at a later time is make a clock using the display and a RTC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
We all make mistakes when we are young………That’s why paste is edible!

Post Edited (TC) : 8/14/2008 12:30:11 AM GMT

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2008-08-13 18:27
    What do you mean by lighting up? Is it all a red block, or can you get lettering there? It looks like the device was programed using a serial cable. My guess is that the easiest solution would be to simulate that using the BS2 and a TTL to RS-232 converter.
  • TCTC Posts: 1,019
    edited 2008-08-13 19:17
    there is no serial anymore. the micro is removed. the only thing left are the LED's and 4 "74HC574" flip-flop's. I am trying to make the BS2sx to be the micro. it's what happens when I am board. and yes the display is a red block. after some time I plain to add numbers and letters.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2008-08-13 23:28
    OK, it's bored.·

Lay off the paste.
  • TCTC Posts: 1,019
    edited 2008-08-14 00:29
    fixed it, not that good at spelling and spell check did not catch it

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔