Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Web Controlled Project — Parallax Forums

Web Controlled Project

Marshall WilsonMarshall Wilson Posts: 7
edited 2008-08-12 14:44 in BASIC Stamp
I'm trying to research how I can control a Stamp project based on clicks on a website. I've been looking at the PINK documentation but I am unsure how exactly this could work since the website would have to "create" html pages to modify variable values? I confess I'm not a web programming expert so maybe this is easy. The data transfer would be easy - all I really need is a byte of data or so to control a machine's actions. It seemed from my quick glance that the only way this would work on the STAMP end is to have a browser refresh the webpage with the variables (local to the PINK) as quick as it could. This seems like a clunky way to do this....

Perhaps theres some better way - like sending an FTP command to my local computer from the remote website? but then I'm out of my league 'cause I dont know how i would get any of these signals to a serial output for the stamp....

Any help would be great. thanks.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-12 14:44
    The PINK is the best solution for use with a Stamp. There are other Ethernet interfaces, but they're more difficult to use, particularly with the limited variable storage of the Stamp.

Do look at the sample code, not just the documentation. The links can be found on the product page for the PINK in the Parallax web store.

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 8/12/2008 2:50:27 PM GMT