Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
new problem please help for my sci IDE — Parallax Forums

new problem please help for my sci IDE

pastageekpastageek Posts: 5
edited 2008-08-08 20:34 in BASIC Stamp
Ok now that the syntax is working,
Every time I try to load up the program, I get hardware errors and it tells me to check power supply and cable. three is nothing wrong with them that I can see. I even got a blue screen once from this and I rarely get BSODs.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-08 17:59
    Are you talking about the Stamp Editor? This is a pretty stable, widely used program. The best way to deal with this is to uninstall it and the USB driver if you're using it, then reinstall both from a freshly downloaded copy.

The message about checking the power supply and cable means that the serial connection to the Stamp is not working properly. There are some jumpers built-into the Stamp boards and described in the Stamp Manual. The Editor checks that they're there. The Stamp also echos anything sent from the PC back to the PC as another way to check the connection and the Editor checks for this. Lastly, the download process is an active "conversation" between the PC and the Stamp and the Stamp has to be working (powered) or the Editor will report that there's no Stamp present.
  • pastageekpastageek Posts: 5
    edited 2008-08-08 20:34
    Ok I'm not sure why it started working (only partially) but ok, as long as I have something to show. Thanks for all your help Mike.