Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HD61830 Object - Basics done (use at your own risk) — Parallax Forums

HD61830 Object - Basics done (use at your own risk)

Matthew HayMatthew Hay Posts: 63
edited 2008-08-07 18:16 in Propeller 1
I've been working on an object for a salvaged lcd I have.· Most of my trouble has been the fact that I do not have the data sheet for the display (and the manufacturer has not been much help, but they have tried <-- long story not going there).

It's been fun messing with the display but I guess for the most part I have had my fun.· The object I have been working on is attached for anyone else that might want it free to do whatever you might want.· It is still incomplete and could use some work though it is usuable (use are your own risk . . .).· I had thought about making it work with the graphics object, just for the fun of it and to remove the need to make my own line drawing routines and such, shouldn't be too hard.

I did incorporate the propeller font into the driver (as seen in the pic) but even with a 240x64 screen it takes up a lot of space, learned quite a bit from just this.

Comments

• VIRANDVIRAND Posts: 656
    edited 2008-08-07 18:16
    I have one that's probably similar but is 128x128 pixels which is slightly more than 240x64.
    My display's interface is unintelligent with four pixel data inputs, three clock inputs, and three voltages.
    The bitmap screen buffer only requires 2Kbytes (16K bits) from the controller,
    and to feed it to the display there is a timing chain consisting of two or three nested loops.

Unfortunately I tested it with an 8051 controller so the code would not be useful here,
    but it's not very much code. The code fits on one printer page of default font text if I remember correctly.