Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Loading Program into BS2 — Parallax Forums

Loading Program into BS2

NavicNavic Posts: 38
edited 2008-08-07 14:17 in BASIC Stamp
I'm pretty new to the Basic Stamp and was wondering how to load a program written in PBASIC into the BS2 chip in a manner that retains in with power off. I've written my program and my device is ready to go mobile, but I don't know how to load the program and retain it in the BS2 with power off.

Thanks!

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2008-08-07 11:52
    Just load the program and go.

The Stamp program is automatically saved in EEPROM and will be there when the Stamp powers up the next time?

Just out of curiosity, did you never try shutting the stamp off then on to see what would happen?

Cheers,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • NavicNavic Posts: 38
    edited 2008-08-07 12:15
    I did turn it off and back on, and the entire program didn't work correctly, so I figured I wasn't loading it correctly. I'm using an LCD screen as output and only two of the lines show up after I disconnect from the computer and power.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-08-07 14:17
    This is a sign that your initialization routines are not waiting sufficient time for things to settle. Try posting your code. It may be something easy to spot. But remember, if the hardware is on and you download the program you’re less likely to see this type of issue since the hardware is already powered on and waiting for commands.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support