Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Best price for portable VGA/PAL/NTSC? — Parallax Forums

Best price for portable VGA/PAL/NTSC?

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2008-08-07 02:02 in Propeller 1
I think I'm in love... (geek style)

www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/special/IN-700VG.htm

This looks like the perfect companion for a semi-portable Propeller setup.
I'm curious if anyone has seen a better price for this (like this) other than Fleabay?

(Parallax: This is the monitor you should stock... [noparse]:)[/noparse] )

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
New to the Propeller?

Getting started with a Propeller Protoboard?
Check out: Introduction to the Proboard & Propeller Cookbook 1.4
Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
Got an SD card connected? - PropDOS

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2008-08-06 16:37
    All of these displays are from China, and it's possible to resell all of them. However, we add little value with this kind of product and you end up paying more than you need to. As time as passed, Chinese-made goods have become more accessible to the USA market at nearly the same price Parallax would pay for them, especially with eBay. If you are willing to pay a Hong Kong shipping fee, you can get a selection of displays from the Shenzhen component market at just about 15-20% more than we would pay for them directly from the same suppliers.

I also like the one you pointed out, but I'd prefer to have it without the plastic enclosure so I could make my own panel-based enclosure in which it mounts with the rest of the project.

EarthLCD had some very nice 5" composite displays for $79 a while back. I bought one of these for myself and Paul, but I might steal his from his desk when he's at the UPNE get-together [noparse]:)[/noparse].

Ken Gracey
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-08-06 16:52
    Ken, your too late [noparse]:)[/noparse] The Lindsay's took it on thier trip, though your welcome to snag it when they return.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2008-08-07 02:02
    I think you got their attention[noparse]:)[/noparse]