Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PropTool Run Time Error 216 — Parallax Forums

PropTool Run Time Error 216

Paul RowntreePaul Rowntree Posts: 49
edited 2008-08-04 19:10 in Propeller 1
Greetings all;
I have been using the tool for many months without a hitch. Tonight, it (V1.2) cannot boot correctly. It shows the IDE, then a std Microsoft 'Were sorry ...' box comes up, the program closes, and it reports a run time error #216 at address 00447111.

I have tried to run it from a mem stick (as usual), from the main hard drive, have reinstalled it, have rebooted, but nothing helps.

Does anyone have experience with this? THere is lots of HD space left, nothing else is fouled up ...

The only thing recently installed is Cubloc studio.

ANy help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments

• cheapskatecheapskate Posts: 6
    edited 2008-08-04 07:57
  • Paul RowntreePaul Rowntree Posts: 49
    edited 2008-08-04 16:00
    Thanks cheapskate;

I agree that it matches the symptoms of this trojan, but ther is no evidence of it on my machine and the registry looks clean. None of the execution paths and commands look compromised. Do you have any other ways to track it down?
    Cheers!
  • cheapskatecheapskate Posts: 6
    edited 2008-08-04 19:10
    The only other cause I know of is possible firewall settings
    If you are using a firewall, windows or other vendors, try turning it off along with any antivirus software, making sure your not connected to the internet. You dont want to leave an open door!

Other than that, a registry scan/repair software (most commeicial free downloads are unfortunately a waste of time, saying that hundreds of error exist, but to repair them you have to buy ther software).
    Have a look at well known computer magazine web sites ( I use PCW ) for free downloads

Of course you could always reinstall windows and all that other software you've amassed devil.gif