Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pyramid Adventure -Circuit Cellar — Parallax Forums

Pyramid Adventure -Circuit Cellar

tmatuctmatuc Posts: 6
edited 2008-08-01 04:22 in Propeller 1
In the August 2007 (#205) issue of Circuit Cellar there was an article about running an adventure game (pyramid) on·the Propeller developement board with an sd card attached. I am having trouble (lots) of converting it to run on·the Hydra with the Hydra SD card. Here is a link to the software[noparse]:([/noparse]ftp://ftp.circuitcellar.com/pub/Circuit_Cellar/2007/205)· The file is CCantrell-205.zip. He is using the standard tv and keyboard driver. I've changed the pins for the S.D. card but I don't see where to change the pins for the video. Has anyone converted this to the Hydra?

Thanks, Tim

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-08-01 04:22
    The standard keyboard driver for the non-Hydra boards will not work on the Hydra. The keyboard hardware is different. You have to use the Hydra keyboard driver. It should just drop-in in place of the non-Hydra driver.

The standard TV driver should work. Somewhere in the initialization, there's a call to the TV object with a parameter that specifies the first I/O pin for the video hardware. It will be a multiple of 4, like 12 for the Demo Board. For the Hydra, it's 24.