Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Debug Screen (Problem Solve) — Parallax Forums

Debug Screen (Problem Solve)

azmax100azmax100 Posts: 173
edited 2008-07-30 16:01 in Propeller 1
hi all,

After running the spin code (BothServosThreeSecond.spin) which i download from spin stamp boe bot, i can make the servo to move
cw & ccw for three second but i can't see the debug screen. Am I missing something?

I am using PropDemoBoard.

Post Edited (azmax100) : 7/30/2008 5:19:35 PM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-07-30 15:41
    I'm not familiar with the program you mentioned, but it probably expects that some kind of terminal emulator is working on the serial port used for programming. Do keep in mind that the Spin Stamp and the Propeller Demo Board use different clock crystals and programs written for the Spin Stamp need to be modified slightly (the clock constant declarations particularly) to run on the Demo Board.

Make sure that you have something like HyperTerm or PropTerminal (downloadable as part of the Propeller Education Kit software) running on the same COM port used for downloading programs. There's currently no automatic debug window in the Propeller Tool as there is for the Basic Stamp Editor.
  • azmax100azmax100 Posts: 173
    edited 2008-07-30 16:01
    Thanks Mike for your quick reply.

I've corrected the clock and freq constant before i run the program. That's why the servo works. I've download FullDuplexSerialPlus
    in the same folder. If there's no automatic debug window how can I get the debug screen.

I've download Prop terminal. Problem Solve.

Post Edited (azmax100) : 7/30/2008 5:19:03 PM GMT