Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Proto Board manual v1.2 — Parallax Forums

Proto Board manual v1.2

DgswanerDgswaner Posts: 795
edited 2008-07-28 20:56 in Propeller 1
This may seem a bit nit picky, but I did make me do a double take and look at the schematic.

The Proto USB board has 4 pins for the servos blocked out. shouldn't it be 3? I thought for a second, that perhaps because there were 4 connectors that they were now USB. but the schematic does confirm that it's still the 3 pin servo connector.

.... Just thought I would mention it, that would have thrown me for a loop my first go around with the proto board.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"A complex design is the sign of an inferior designer." - Jamie Hyneman, Myth Buster

DGSwaner

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-07-28 20:38
    The 4th hole is for connecting to the signal line. The 3 holes closest to the edge of the board are for inserting the 3 pin servo header. You need some way to connect to the signal line since it's not by default connected to any specific place. The 4th hole and the 3rd hole are electrically connected together. The power lines are already connected.
  • DgswanerDgswaner Posts: 795
    edited 2008-07-28 20:56
    I thought that might be the case, my proto board is at home and I couldn't look, at any rate, the hole to hole connections aren't consistent with the rest of the board (the dashes in the silk screen) or from the top illustration to the USB one. just though I'd point this out..... yes it's a slow day at work.

.... just looked at the images on their site, the silk screen is how I would expect it to be, reading the schematic..... ok I'll stop nit picking.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "A complex design is the sign of an inferior designer." - Jamie Hyneman, Myth Buster

DGSwaner