Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
propeller tool help — Parallax Forums

propeller tool help

agfaagfa Posts: 295
edited 2008-07-27 15:08 in Propeller 1
i'm having a lot of problems with spin syntax,·and i find it time consuming to page through the·pdf manual.··so i'm trying to rely on the help file, but i found that difficult also.· Example:· looking for information and syntax·for "XOR",when i enter keywords xor, ^, and, &, or, bitwise, symbol, spin language elements,·or logic i mostly get "no topics found", or the topics it finds doesn't relate to what i'm looking for.· Is there an easier way?

Comments

• Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2008-07-27 14:51
    You might find this helpful...

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=677274

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Getting started with the Protoboard? - Propeller Cookbook 1.4
    Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
    Got an SD card? - PropDOS
    Need a part? Got spare electronics? - The Electronics Exchange
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-07-27 14:55
    As radical as it may be, may I suggest that you get the paper manual. Admittedly, the operators are not as nicely arranged alphabetically as everything else, but you can turn to the beginning of the section on operators where there's a nice table that has "links" (a page number!) to the page with the details. Once you've used the manual for a while, it's amazing how easily the pages almost turn by themselves to the right spot.
  • agfaagfa Posts: 295
    edited 2008-07-27 15:08
    oldbitcollector,· thanks for the link, will definitely speed things up.··i should have searched the forum before posting.

Mike,· not really that radical.· I prefer paper over large pdf's.· for now i just print sections of the manual as i need them , i'm to cheap to print the whole thing, now I have a stack of "manual pieces" thats just as difficult to manage.· i will be organizing tonight.

thanks again