Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Starter Kit contents — Parallax Forums

Propeller Starter Kit contents

SeairthSeairth Posts: 2,474
edited 2008-07-30 22:07 in Propeller 1
I recently got a Propeller Starter Kit.· It also came with an assortment of resistors, capacitors, and switches.· I can figure out the specs of most of the bits, but there are a few that I don't know.· Particularly, there·are two photoresistors.· Does anyone know the specs (or mfr and part number) for them?· In fact, if there is an available inventory, that would be nice to get too.

Comments

• SeariderSearider Posts: 290
    edited 2008-07-27 03:33
    If you go to the component section of the Parallax store you should be able to find each of the items in the grab-bag along with the data sheets.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Searider
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2008-07-27 04:02
    Actually, this isn't an unreasonable request..

The PEkit has inventory lists, but I couldn't find one for this when I went looking..

Parallax Sales?

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Getting started with the Protoboard? - Propeller Cookbook 1.4
    Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
    Got an SD card? - PropDOS
    Need a part? Got spare electronics? - The Electronics Exchange
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2008-07-27 05:47
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=639062

this thread has a list of the Propeller education kit and a breakdown of just the "DIP plus" kit

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian

uController.com - home of SpinStudio - the modular Development system for the Propeller

PropNIC - Add ethernet ability to your Propeller! PropJoy - Plug in a joystick and play some games!

SD card Adapter - mass storage for the masses Audio/Video adapter add composite video and sound to your Proto Board
  • SeairthSeairth Posts: 2,474
    edited 2008-07-30 00:38
    Searider said...
    If you go to the component section of the Parallax store you should be able to find each of the items in the grab-bag along with the data sheets.

I see that. However, the product description for the photoresistor was not specific enough. The PDF lists 8 different parts, each with different specs. Hooking the one I have up to an meter, I think the one that was included in the kit was the VT90N1. But even those numbers don't match up to what I was seeing on the meter. I would prefer to know exactly what I have instead of having to infer it through means like this.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2008-07-30 21:27
    Seairth,

It should be this Perkin Elmer part:

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=980-0105

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • SeairthSeairth Posts: 2,474
    edited 2008-07-30 22:07
    Thanks for getting back to me. The one I got looks and acts (according to the spec sheet) much more like this part:

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=980-0010