Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
no colors on pal B — Parallax Forums

no colors on pal B

gabrielegabriele Posts: 17
edited 2008-07-27 22:19 in Propeller 1
I'm working on a simple pal video 256x256 8 pixel, 4 colors tile driver.. but i've some problems with the pal timings..
The frame is stable on different tv and in a old commodore monitor.. but only in one case i'm able to see the colors..
Thanks for any help.
gabriele

The files are attached..

Comments

• ClemensClemens Posts: 236
    edited 2008-07-25 17:55
    On my Pal-TV I can see the colors (different blues and purples).
    This doesn't answer your question but at least it brings it back to the top ;-) so baggers or coley can find it.
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2008-07-25 19:06
    I'm just in the middle of organising some vids for PropGFXVGA, but will have a look when I get 5 mins.

Baggers.

Edit: Out of curiosity, the tv you're trying it on and it's not working, does the Parallax Graphics_demo.spin work on it?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    http://www.propgfx.co.uk/forum/·home of the PropGFX Lite

·
    edited 2008-07-25 19:39
    Just took 5, to have a look, and it's never gonna show colour on PAL, cos there's no Phase Alternating goin on.

If you want PAL, try using the Parallax drivers as a base to make your modifications to [noparse];)[/noparse]

Baggers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·
  • VIRANDVIRAND Posts: 656
    edited 2008-07-26 07:36
    Rickard Gunee (who has been making video with PICs for over 10 years) says that you can cheat with PAL
    by leaving out the colorsync on every other line. A quick browsing of the TV and GRAPHICS driver code didn't
    reveal to me how the colorsync is generated by them though, so I'm not sure at the moment how to do that.
  • gabrielegabriele Posts: 17
    edited 2008-07-27 11:20
    @baggers
    thanks a lot..·I add the phase altenate that I took from parallax driver .. just flip the colors·for sync and video data.. and it works..
    In few words my first modified video driver was a NAL (Not Alternating Line) :-)

@VIRAND
    the other strange thing is that on my table there were some papers with the Rickard Gunee sx pal colors project..

The next time I'll study better before post something.. :-)
    gabriele
    edited 2008-07-27 13:44
    lol, don't worry about posting, you didn't know why it wasn't working, which is why people post for help, and we found out why, you fixed it, and [noparse]:D[/noparse] happy days all round.

Speaking of Rickard, it was his site that got me into wanting to learn more about electronics and microcontrollers about 18 months ago [noparse]:)[/noparse] So I got a pic programming set from Maplin and I got his pong working, so then started doin my own displays on a pic, wanted colour, but needed more speed/power than a pic could handle, ( although I did do a fruit machine on a pic in colour using an RGB Scart cable [noparse]:D[/noparse] ) then I found the propeller [noparse]:D[/noparse] and what a find and a half that was [noparse]:)[/noparse] anyways, glad you got it sorted gabriele. [noparse];)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·
  • gabrielegabriele Posts: 17
    edited 2008-07-27 15:53
    I started my real first project with the 16f84·and black & white time counter
    after that·I saw his site.. I was jumping into sx·for a pic color project when I found the propeller..
    I'd like to see his homepage access counter.. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

·
    edited 2008-07-27 22:19
    cool, btw, welcome to the forum [noparse];)[/noparse]
    lol yeah i bet his page has been hit a good few times [noparse];)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·