Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp2SX Controling HD Projector — Parallax Forums

Stamp2SX Controling HD Projector

JasonTJasonT Posts: 3
edited 2008-07-25 23:39 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all!

I am trying to control on/off and input source on a Panasonic Projector via rs232.

tp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/Drivers/PBTS/manuals/OM_PT-AX200232C.pdf (3pages)

The only serial hacking I have done in the past was with a quad servo controller from a PC running homeseer, which worked good, but nothing like this...

Anyway, I have connected only ground and RX on the projector to the stamp, do I need to have a line back from the projector to the stamp? Flow Control? Start Stop Sync????

This is the simple test program I am running, it goes through a st232(??) that boosts it to rs232, tested on a serial LCD display at 9600

Any Pointers?
' {$STAMP BS2sx}

main:

SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]"STXPONETX"]                'turn it on
PAUSE 5000
SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]"STXISS:YUVETX"]            'switch to component
PAUSE 5000
SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]"STXISS:SVDETX"]            'switch to svideo
PAUSE 5000
SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]"STXISS:HD1ETX"]            'switch to HDMI 1
SLEEP 30
SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]"STXPOFETX"]              'if nothing is on, turn the projector off.

END

Regards,

JasonT

Comments

• ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2008-07-25 06:10
    No flow control, but you might want the RX -- the app note for the projector says that you should wait for the response for the projector before sending next command. Baud should be 9600, no parity, one stop bit. I don't have a Stamp manual in front of me to double check your baud parameter for your Stamp, sorry.

Also, your STX and ETX are not right -- the app note says it's a ONE BYTE STX and one byte ETX -- that should have been a clue (the way you have it, "STX" is 3 bytes, as is ETX).

STX and ETX are actually ascii "characters" -- single bytes. STX is hex $02, ETX is hex $03, so a proper command string might be:

STX CON $02
    ETX CON $03

SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]STX, "PON", ETX] 'turn it on
    PAUSE 5000
    SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]STX, "ISS:YUV", ETX] 'switch to component
    PAUSE 5000
    SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]STX, "ISS:SVD, ETX] 'switch to svideo
    PAUSE 5000
    SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]STX, "ISS:HD1", ETX] 'switch to HDMI 1
    SLEEP 30
    SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]STX, "POF", ETX] 'if nothing is on, turn the projector off

Cool idea controlling a projector from a Stamp...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST

1uffakind.com/robots/povBitMapBuilder.php
    1uffakind.com/robots/resistorLadder.php
  • JasonTJasonT Posts: 3
    edited 2008-07-25 14:00
    Thanks a bunch, I did not know about $02 and $03 I changed that and it almost works...

The on and off work hop.gif , but the switch input lines don't

I tried both,

SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]STX, "ISS:YUV", ETX]

and

SEROUT 1, 240, [noparse][[/noparse]STX, "ISS",58,"YUV", ETX]

Pointers?
  • kelvin jameskelvin james Posts: 531
    edited 2008-07-25 18:01
    Might be a typo on your post, from looking at the pdf the command is IIS, not ISS
  • JasonTJasonT Posts: 3
    edited 2008-07-25 23:39
    Good Job Kelvin!

That was it, who would have thought that Input Signal Select would be abbreviated IIS??

Thanks to all, now the projector switches to the correct source based on the audio input selected on the amp.

Jason