Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Data Exchange w/VB6 — Parallax Forums

Data Exchange w/VB6

rjk5rjk5 Posts: 3
edited 2008-07-22 17:24 in BASIC Stamp
I am trying to duplicate·Jon Williams' VB6 application using a BS2 and VB.NET (Nuts and Volts, Column #89).·I send a·string of the letter A's to the stamp to write to EEPROM. I then load·another BS2 program to·read EE memory locations. Location 0 contains an A but locations 1, 2, 3, etc. contain P's. Does anyone have a VB.NET application that can send data to/from the Stamp 2?··

Comments

• UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2008-07-21 18:01
    Hi rjk5, there are several simple examples at this link

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=671804

Jeff T.
  • rjk5rjk5 Posts: 3
    edited 2008-07-22 15:33
    Hi, Jeff,

Thanks for your template. I just established a one-way communication with the stamp 2 but I had to abandon Jon Williams' approach using the companion VB and BS2 programs dependent on RTS and CTS signals. I know this is going to come back to haunt me in the form of "missed data." When it does, I hope I can field you another question or two.

Ron K.
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2008-07-22 17:24
    Hi Ron, the template and the other examples were mainly intended to get people up and running as simply as possible in a way most could understand. Once the basics are grasped it takes very little to expand into something more complex, so the addition of RTS/CTS later down the road would not be difficult. Depending on the application the use of headers , wait commands and checksums is very reliable. Like I said in the OP I am a novice when it comes to VB but I find it fun and have managed to come up with some neat little programs interfacing to Parallax products.

Feel free to ask there are lots of people here with a very wide knowledge base.

Jeff T.