Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SSR control code for a light dimmer w/ BS-II micro-controller — Parallax Forums

SSR control code for a light dimmer w/ BS-II micro-controller

Dr. ResonanceDr. Resonance Posts: 12
edited 2008-07-18 16:43 in BASIC Stamp
hop.gif·

I would like to use a BS-II OEM version, to conrol a solid state relay for control of approx 120 vac, 10 amps max.

Application would be a light dimmer for a haunted house project I'm doing for the local JayCee chapter.·

Dimmer would go from full on to full off in 5 seconds.· Also, optionally it would go from full off to full on in 5 sec.

The BS-II would slowly ramp up (or down) the SSR over a 5 sec time frame.

Anyone know the code necessary to drive the SSR in a 0 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 sec step fashion?· The zero would be full off on the lights and the 5 would represent full on for the lights.

I have looked thru some of the literature but only see immediate on/off type applications using triacs --- no slow ramp up or ramp down application code.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dr. Resonance

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2008-07-18 15:14
    Go back and delete your other post. Use the red X in the upper right corner. Then check out efx-tek.com

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-07-18 16:16
    I removed the duplicate post. In the future please do not repost your message when you make a mistake. Instead click the pencil icon to the top right of the message and edit the message as needed.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2008-07-18 16:43
    Take a look at this

FC-4 Lamp Fader Control Board

http://www.efx-tek.com/topics/fc-4.html

This will may do what you want to

I have two these and they are esy to use

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ··Thanks for any·idea.gif·that you may have and all of your time finding them

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam