Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EmbeddedBlue (eb500) connecting with BOE — Parallax Forums

EmbeddedBlue (eb500) connecting with BOE

Joch119Joch119 Posts: 7
edited 2008-07-17 23:13 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I am trying to connect the eb500 bluetooth adapter using the BOE (Board of Education) and am using a usb bluetooth adapter for my laptop. I get it to establish a connection, but I cant seem to get it to receive anything that I type through hyper terminal. I have been through all the pages of the eb500 manual and have done all the steps. I can get it to send information to hyperterminal through (COM5) but I cant get it to receive through (COM6).

This is the code I was using:

'{$STAMP BS2}
bData VAR Byte
'WAIT FOR the eb500 radio TO be ready
PAUSE 1000
Main:
SERIN 0,84,[noparse][[/noparse]STR bData\1]
DEBUG STR bData\1
GOTO Main

PLEASE HELP!!!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-07-17 22:45
    It's not clear from your description just what you've done. Keep in mind that a Bluetooth serial connection is bidirectional and you get only one com port on the PC end. If you can get information received to hyperterminal via COM5, then the link in the other direction is also on COM5 and typing on the keyboard while hyperterminal is active should result in what you type appearing at the receive pin of the eb500. Note that, unless you use "handshaking", the data will appear at the Stamp pretty much immediately and, if the Stamp is not waiting at a SERIN, the data will be lost.
  • Joch119Joch119 Posts: 7
    edited 2008-07-17 23:13
    ok. My usb-bluetooth adapter when connected it says that it is on COM6. So Im guessing that this is the Comport I must use. The manual says that there should be two COM ports being used. One for outgoing and one for incoming. When I check under the bluetooth configuraqtion I have COM5 listed under incoming and COM6 under outgoing. The funny thing is that when I run the receive.bs2 program I can type to the debug terminal through hyperterminal and it will show all the letters, but I have to keep the serial cable connected. Hyperterminal also has to be configured to COM6 and the bluetooth link has to be "ON". My goal is to be able to send commands, to set certain I/O pins to make them high or low "wirelessly".

Any suggestions.