Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My first multi cog renderer... - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

My first multi cog renderer...

2»

Comments

• gabrielegabriele Posts: 17
    edited 2008-08-27 16:12
    Thank you for all!
    I'm sure that·my first game (retro game better) will be absolutely·dedicated to you..
    I've added sprite flipping,·differents sprites size and x2·scaling to your render driver and changed some part of code to save clock cycles and cogs..
    I've added byte format for tiles and tilemap with full 86 colors support in a new version of map2spin.exe... (or bam2spin :-)
    As soon as possible i'll post the code.. Maybe someone could start to do new prop games..
    gabriele
  • BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2008-08-27 16:16
    That's awesome, I'm glad you could use the code and looking forward to your game...

By sprite flipping, do you mean to turn the sprite up side down and mirroring so to say?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse
    edited 2008-08-27 16:23
    yes.. mirror .. I think is the right word..
    think to a little man that runs left and right on a floor [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    So I save sprite bitmap memory.

·
    edited 2008-08-29 16:25
    Here some pictures of my retro porting game.. bruz lee :-) using a modify version of bamse render works.. my own pal video driver, mappywin etc.. and HDMF too.
    tilemap and tiles are stored using a sd memory and are loaded runtime..
    In this moment the lee sprite only runs, jumps and climbs..
    I loved the c64 version .. and the I hope to port the prop version as near as possible to the original..
    640 x 480 - 212K
    640 x 480 - 235K
    640 x 480 - 221K
    640 x 480 - 242K
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2008-08-29 17:42
    gabriele, Bruce Lee is one of my fav retro games, I've remade it a few times myself, and was thinking about doing it when I got time, but since you're doing it, I'll sit back and enjoy, Can't wait to play it.

Baggers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    http://www.propgfx.co.uk/forum/·home of the PropGFX Lite

·
  • BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2008-08-29 17:56
    Gabriele,

That is awesome, cant wait until you release the code so I can try it myself...

Very impressive...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse