Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Troubles getting started — Parallax Forums

Troubles getting started

P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
edited 2008-07-12 05:57 in Propeller 1
I am very new to the propeller and have been working through the PE kit tutorials without a problem, but when I try working on something different like the ping)) sensor, I can never get it to work. I'm not sure if I'm missing something in the programming or if my problem is with the wiring, but I can never get it to work. I put the correct pin number into the code, but is there anything else I should do? I tried both the ping and servo programs and neither will work.

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,560
    edited 2008-07-12 05:09
    I LIKE PI,

Can you post the code that you have tried so far for the PING))) ?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-07-12 05:23
    I LIKE PI,

It is good to hear you are working through the PE Kit tutorials. Those are the first place to learn about the Propeller. Posting your code, as Beau suggested, would help us help you. You can use the archive features of the Prop Tool to create a zip file. Then post that zip file on the forum. Also, maybe you can post a picture or two of the PING)) connected to your circuit. Then maybe we can help verify the wiring you did.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter, E.I.

www.brilldea.com·- Prop Blade, LED Painter, RGB LEDs, uOLED-IOC
    www.sxmicro.com - a blog·exploring the SX micro
    www.tdswieter.com
  • P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
    edited 2008-07-12 05:57
    Okay, I got the code for you. It's just the code from the propeller folder modified to (hopefully) turn on an led if the Ping))) is truly bringing back info. Even if I have this wrong (which wouldn't surprise me) it should still make the ping sensor flash the embedded·LED on it, which it isn't. As for my connection, I have both negative and positive terminals connected to the 5v supply and a 1k ohm resistor attached to pin 15 (the resistor is brown-black-red, incase you think I've got it wrong). Hopefully I got everything you wanted.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Pi Guy