Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
bs 2 operating temperature range? — Parallax Forums

bs 2 operating temperature range?

mobile_bobmobile_bob Posts: 50
edited 2008-07-10 04:44 in BASIC Stamp
i have a bs2 rev. G
and somewhere i had the spec's on its operating temperature range

but i can't find it

anyone know what the lowest temperature it will operate in?
and the highest temperature it will operate in?

or safe allowable range?

thanks
bob g

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-07-10 03:53
    Look at "Basic Stamp Comparison" here www.parallax.com/tabid/436/Default.aspx. It's generally 0-70C.
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2008-07-10 04:17
    There have been, I think, recent upgrades in the temperature specs. Go to this page
    www.parallax.com/tabid/295/Default.aspx
    and click on the photos of the individual Stamps to see that the main line BS2, BS2sx and BS2e are now rated for the industrial range (-40 to +85 degC).

You have a BS2 rev G and that predates the improved specs., which arrived with BS2 rev J. See the following pages for the old specs, which were commercial (0 to +70 degC).
    www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/stamps/stampscomparison.pdf
    www.parallax.com/tabid/385/Default.aspx

That said, original BS2s I tested, even the commercial version, had no trouble operating in my CO2 environmental chamber at -55 degC up to +100 degC (I never took it higher than that). So the actual operating range may well be satisfactorily beyond the guaranteed range. I can't, of course, guarantee that! The old version of the BS2e did have problems at subzero temperatures with the brownout detector, but that has been resolved in the latest revision (BS2e rev E).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • mobile_bobmobile_bob Posts: 50
    edited 2008-07-10 04:44
    Gentlemen:

thank you very much, my plan might see temperatures just below freezing, but i am going to try and safeguard against

that happening, the upper limit is far above what i have any use for so at least that end is well within spec's

its good to know that the bs2 can tolerate being under freezing, even if it would be an unusual event.

thank you very much

bob g