Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
clicking bs2px — Parallax Forums

clicking bs2px

P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
edited 2008-07-10 03:35 in BASIC Stamp

For some reason my bs2px has been making strange noises it shouldn't. I first noticed it on my robot when I turned off the servos and could hear humming. I recently read about a propeller in the other forum humming whenever an LED was turned on, so I tried it. Whenever it turned on or off it would click, but it wouldn't make a humming noise like the prop did. When I read the replies to the propeller making high pitch noises, it seemed to be the voltage regulator that was the problem, but if I disconnect the LED I can still hear it click. What's wrong with my microcontroller?

Post Edited (I LIKE PI) : 7/10/2008 2:33:36 AM GMT

Comments

• jeffjohnvoljeffjohnvol Posts: 197
    edited 2008-07-10 03:12
    Not sure if this could be it, but I had a situation where a relay was re-starting after the program would restart because the "failsafe" or whatever it is called was getting triggered because my program was not responding at one point. I fixed my loop and it went away.
  • P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
    edited 2008-07-10 03:35
    I don't think so because I have 3 programs that all make the noise. One of them turns on a light when an object is in the way, another is just blinking the led that I talked about, and the humming from the freqout command.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Pi Guy

Post Edited (I LIKE PI) : 7/10/2008 3:45:59 AM GMT