Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Thanks for "kick starting" my object — Parallax Forums

Thanks for "kick starting" my object

karlikarli Posts: 16
edited 2008-07-09 16:12 in Propeller 1
·· Many Thanks to· pgbpsu, Graham Stabler and Timmoore for responding to my
····· "spin SOS"· on 7/7/08.·
·· After putting·in ·two gruelling 12 hr days, ·I had several breakthroughs yesterday.
·· I've dubbed my object: CogGatedBinaryCounter.spin; I've got it running now up to
·· the "P21-push-button-entered-binary-count-value" ·after the Cog-inititated 2sec gate(or window)
·· has terminated.· I still have to translate that into· a single bit (or LED) in the
·· P4..P9 LED string.· Maybe I should've done·· shift rights or lefts instead of counting
·· in binary,· hmmm ?
·· "pgb", thanks for your CASE example; I hadn't known about CASE'es yet and read up on
······ ···those ·conditional commands in the Propeller Manual.
·· "Graham",· your analogy between hardware· 'modules' and software 'modules makes a lot
··········· of sense, and this relationship had occurred to me as well;·· The trick is how to do
········ the "combining" !·· It is sort of like, knowing the frequency of every string (g-d-a-e)
······· on a violin and still not being able to play a simple tune.
·· "Timmoore", fixing the overflow after >5 presses has been the easiest part of this entire
········ "spin encounter".

·· This morning I read the post by sam_sam-sam;· welcome to the club!
··· NO, it is definitely not easy and "frustration" is "THE WORD" but when you get
··· your object finally doing what you had in mind, it feels like having climbed Mt Everest !

·· a suggestion: maybe the Ed Dept at Parallax could come out with a CD that would help
···········us ·to translate·our ·initial project outline into· the basic frame work of an object,
········· written in PSEUDO-CODE as per pgbpsu's reply ?

····· thanks again,
······· karli·