Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Viewport Development Toolkit — Parallax Forums

Viewport Development Toolkit

joesugarjoesugar Posts: 3
edited 2008-07-17 01:02 in Propeller 1
I am in the process of evaluating the Viewport software for Propeller development. One of the things mentioned in the spectrum analyzer video is a development toolkit that would allow the development of Viewport plugins using Visual Studio. Being able to do this would seal the deal for me but I can find no mention of it anywhere but the video. Is this development kit indeed available and, if so, how can I obtain/purchase it?

Thanks.

Comments

• HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2008-07-05 16:42
    Welcome joesugar,

Here's Hanno's website for what you are looking for:

Try mydancebot.com/ yeah.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
  • joesugarjoesugar Posts: 3
    edited 2008-07-05 19:12
    Harley,

Thanks for the reply. I've been through the site and can find no mention of the development kit being available except in the video. Perhaps it's only available to those who have purchased a license?
  • Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) Posts: 1,720
    edited 2008-07-05 20:00
    ViewPort - Software libraries and visualizer to build advanced robots. said...
    You can customize the Visualizer using the graphical interface or add new components using XML and a developer's kit.

Ref:
    mydancebot.com/catalog.php

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Aka: CosmicBob

• Paul MPaul M Posts: 95
    edited 2008-07-14 10:22
    joesugar,

I have purchsed a license and have asked Hanno Sander (the author) about the dev kit as I am also interested in it. His reply was that he was working on a new version that would be "beta released·in a couple of days" (this was 3 weeks ago). Considering the price·viewport is pretty impressive (I couldn't write it!) and useful, but one cannot expect much support - don't get me wrong,·Hanno is very helpful and replies quickly; I guess he is working on other things at the moment

·If you want to try out the spectrum analyser you need to drag the dll onto viewport and run the spin program.

Post Edited (Paul M) : 7/14/2008 10:28:15 AM GMT
  • joesugarjoesugar Posts: 3
    edited 2008-07-17 01:02
    Thanks Paul. I dropped Hanno a note and he was good enough to respond with the dll. Bought the license and I'm playing with it now. Sure is impressive and, like you said, I couldn't write it.

Joseph