Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp & PINK Mail — Parallax Forums

Stamp & PINK Mail

jayrjayr Posts: 9
edited 2008-07-16 19:15 in BASIC Stamp
My ISP blocks port 25 (SMTP).· Can I change/use a different port for the·PINK SMTP mail ?· Also what is the Forum Location for the PINK ?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-07-01 17:33
    Hello,

The SMTP port on the PINK is fixed to the standard port and cannot be changed. As for the appropriate forum, this one is fine for questions concerning connection to a BASIC Stamp, otherwise the Sandbox for general or unrelated questions.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • jayrjayr Posts: 9
    edited 2008-07-03 20:28
    Thanks Chris for the reply.· I'd still like to send e-mails from the PINK to my ISP e-mail address.··Any suggestion·on how this can be done·using PINK's default port 25 ?· ·
    edited 2008-07-03 20:47
    I believe some mail services such as gmail or hotmail may allow SMTP access, though I don't know the details. These might be worth looking into. I may have to start looking myself as my ISP have switched ports and enabled SSL, neither of which is supported on the PINK.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2008-07-05 00:46
    Chris,
    ·
    I’ve looked at Gmail and other which offers e-mail services; however, the internet entry point is my ISP which blocks standard SMTP (port 25). Alternate port is offered, e.g., 2525, etc., but, you confirmed that the PINK does not allow SMPT on a different port other than port 25; so, I’m stuck. ·I’ll keep searching.· If you come up something let me know. ··Thanks gain.·
    ·
    Regards, Rej.
  • MSDTechMSDTech Posts: 342
    edited 2008-07-05 04:11
    You may be able to access your own e-mail on port 25 if you provide the appropriate account information as documented in the Pink manual. My ISP blocks port 25 except to connect to thier server and my own mailbox, so that I can still send e-mail through their servers.
    edited 2008-07-08 01:27
    Thank you for your suggestions.· I've gone through the documentation several time and, as far as I know, I did provide the appropriate account information as documented in the Pink manual.· Also, I too·can send e-mails through my ISP using POP3 not SMTP.·
    edited 2008-07-16 19:15
    Our experience is that the majority of ISP’s that use a non-standard port for e-mail also require SSL. This means that being able to switch ports will not help the majority of the customers who cannot use the default (standard) port.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support