Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Terminal program to use with Dongle-Basic — Parallax Forums

Terminal program to use with Dongle-Basic

nutsonnutson Posts: 242
edited 2008-06-30 21:02 in Propeller 1
For quite some time I·have happily used·Femtobasic 2.004·modified for Propterminal as posted by Oldbitcollector·here ·http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=649540.·For a new project I·switched to·an up-to-date DongleBasic 3.007·using the·Parallax terminal program at the moment.·Two questions:

- I·miss Propterminal, anyone modified·a DongleBasic for Propterminal? My own attempts did not work out, I basically·replaced·the BB_FullDuplexSerial object with the PC_Terminal object,·replaced all "ser.rx"·and "ser.tx" statements by "trm.getkey" and·"trm.out". It kind of works, I see text on the Propterminal screen and can type statements, but the first character of each input line is·not echoed, the "shift" key on input does not function, "CR" echoes as "K" at the end of the line, and the position of text on the screen is all wrong. Any idea·what I am missing?

- I need to create some·non-scrolling data screens.·The PC_Terminal object specifies the following·codes for positioning text on the screen, are these true for all terminal programs?

··· · $00 = clear screen
''···· $01 = home
''···· $05 = Grafik (mode,x,y follows)
''···· $08 = backspace
''···· $09 = tab (8 spaces per)
''···· $0A = set X position (X follows)
''···· $0B = set Y position (Y follows)
''···· $0C = set color (color follows)
''···· $0D = return

Nico Hattink

Comments

• Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2008-06-30 20:46
    Glad to see someone running with the idea...

Most terminals will support basic backspace/carriage return/linefeed/bell etc.
    Unless you go to something like ANSI, or some other terminal type derivative,
    you won't have control of things like X,Y and color.

Someone here wrote an ANSI emulation for the Prop, (I think) but it's been a while back.

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Getting started with the Protoboard? - Propeller Cookbook 1.4
    Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
    Got an SD card? - PropDOS
    Need a part? Got spare electronics? - The Electronics Exchange
  • nutsonnutson Posts: 242
    edited 2008-06-30 21:02
    Posing a question is often the first step in finding answers. I just discovers the "DISPLAY" statement in Femtobasic, that allows sending control codes to the terminal...

Nico