Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Printing from PropTool — Parallax Forums

Printing from PropTool

simonlsimonl Posts: 866
edited 2008-07-01 11:50 in Propeller 1
OK, is there a way to print landscape from PropTool?

I'd like to print (actually to PDF) for documentation, but hate line wrapping, so A4 landscape is what I'm after, but when I set my printer to landscape I get the print on landscape, but still with portrait width! (Hope that makes sense).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Cheers,

Simon
www.norfolkhelicopterclub.co.uk
You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again ;-)
BTW: I type as I'm thinking, so please don't take any offense at my writing style smile.gif

Comments

• Paul Sr.Paul Sr. Posts: 435
    edited 2008-06-30 14:27
    Doesn't look like that's an option.
  • GameHackerGameHacker Posts: 15
    edited 2008-06-30 14:43
    I don't know if this helps, but I found that if you hold down CTRL and press the down arrow a few times to get the smallest font, then print, it comes out looking pretty good.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,510
    edited 2008-06-30 15:16
    Click print properties and select landscape within your printer's preferences or even your pdf creator properties?

attached is an example pdf which is in landscape
    edited 2008-06-30 15:17
    Oh yes you still get portrait width but it won't wrap will it?
  • simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2008-07-01 09:00
    @Graham: Yeah - that's the problem :-(

@gamehacker: Good call - I'd not thought of that. I'll give it a try.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,

Simon
    You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again ;-)
    BTW: I type as I'm thinking, so please don't take any offense at my writing style smile.gif
    edited 2008-07-01 09:03
    Darn! Better, but it still wraps at portrait width.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,

Simon
    edited 2008-07-01 10:45
    But is it really a problem? In fact it saves ink [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    edited 2008-07-01 11:50
    @Graham: I wouldn't put it ahead of fixing / adding other things in PropTool, but I find it difficult to read stuff on screen, and it's invariably comments - which I rely on to try and understand what code's doing - that get wrapped. Maybe it's just me, but it's one of those little annoyances wink.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,

Simon