Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Frequency Synthesis ... a thought and a question (or two) — Parallax Forums

Frequency Synthesis ... a thought and a question (or two)

rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
edited 2008-06-29 03:01 in Propeller 1
I've been pulled away from my Prop .... due to circumstances beyond human control. I'm down to stealing a few hours a week(: Hopefully this will change in the near future!!! In what little spare time I have available, I am re-reading Andre's book. And was looking at the video signal stuff today.

Tonight while reviewing the last few days of the forum, I came across a very interesting thread by BTX http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=25&m=275970

Basically, BTX had a question about generating 3 specific frequencies, which problem (happily) had a very simple solution.

I've seen cog interleaving discussed and implemented to improve video resolution... and video is just a signal... So, wouldn't it be possible to use one or more interleaved video signals to get just about any kind of frequency/resolution up to certain limits? And what would those limits be for a binary signal?

In my mind a complete answer would be equivalent to a master's thesis... so, thumb nail approximations would be more than sufficient[noparse]:)[/noparse]

For aspiring Prop heads... a good object demonstrating such a technique would be worth its weight in gold (in terms of bragging rights and recognition... no actual money of course[noparse]:)[/noparse]

Thanks

Rich