Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Datalogger LED meanings? — Parallax Forums

Datalogger LED meanings?

milwmilw Posts: 12
edited 2008-06-28 03:11 in Propeller 1
Hi all, I've just gotten my Datalogger working with the Prop Proto board, but I don't see anywhere an explanation of the Dataloggers LEDs. On a recent test run, I got the D: prompt from the Datalogger but then the USB stick's LED turned off and the Datalogger was flashing red. Am I missing something in the documentation?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-06-27 14:41
    Hello,

·· The LED response is really a function of the Vinculum Chip itself and not the Datalogger specifically.· Nonetheless I have made a note for a document revision for this product.· In the meantime here is the table from the documentation.· I hope this helps.· Take care.

attachment.php?attachmentid=73802

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    599 x 181 - 9K
  • milwmilw Posts: 12
    edited 2008-06-27 15:56
    thanks Chris! I looked in the Vinculum data sheet (http://www.vinculum.com/documents/datasheets/DS_VNC1L_V100 (FT_000030).pdf) as well as in the docs from the Datalogger product page but didn't see that table. Ah, OK I found it in the Vinculum Firmware User Manual (http://www.vinculum.com/documents/fwspecs/Vinculum Firmware User Manual V2.4 Rev 3.pdf), but Datalogger must be using LED1= green and LED2 = red?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-06-27 16:27
    Yeah, I can see the confusion and I will have the manual updated as soon as possible. I can hook one up and verify, but if you have one set up with the drive connected and powered up, one LED should be on which should be LED2. I hope this helps. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • milwmilw Posts: 12
    edited 2008-06-28 03:11
    Yes, so it flashes green/red after power-up, then red stays on steady when USB stick is ready.
    thanks again!