Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propellent.EXE suppress compile error pop up — Parallax Forums

Propellent.EXE suppress compile error pop up

PraxisPraxis Posts: 333
edited 2008-06-24 16:09 in Propeller 1
This question for Jeff Martin.

Would it be possible to have a switch to optionally suppress the compile error pop up and have it as a redirected output?

Comments

• Jeff MartinJeff Martin Posts: 756
    edited 2008-06-24 03:57
    Hi Praxis,

Yes... well, at least, I think so.· I have this on my list of things to do to enhance Propellent... it's one of the last things that I just didn't have time to do before I had to switch to another project.· I should be able to get back to this in a few days and intend to make it possible to suppress GUI-based messages at will and also receive status via STDOUT.· Sorry that feature isn't there yet.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
  • PraxisPraxis Posts: 333
    edited 2008-06-24 06:50
    Thanks Jeff.

All the communications related GUI pop ups are ok, my thought is to have an option switch for the compiler messages only as the output can then be "captured" by the calling application i.e. IDE.

Post Edited (Praxis) : 6/24/2008 7:41:58 AM GMT
  • Jeff MartinJeff Martin Posts: 756
    edited 2008-06-24 16:02
    Yeah, good point.· In the middle of the night I woke up and realized that's what you probably meant.· I'll probably provide a few options to hide certain types of GUI messages because there may be good reason to hide more than just the error messages.

By the way, I meant to explain that the reason this feature didn't make it into the initial release is that the code (being the same classes as used by the Propeller Tool) is very GUI oriented, so a feature like this will take some careful work from the top to the bottom.· I'll post to this thread when I get that feature done.

Take care,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
  • PraxisPraxis Posts: 333
    edited 2008-06-24 16:09
    Hi Jeff,

The propellent dll supports this on the compile function, I was writing a command line dotnet wrapper exe to do just that for the dll.

I can get the output ok but could find no way to get the line number of the error only the bye offset inside the file (allowing for crlf to cr only translation), what am I missing?

Regards