Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with compiling Gridrunner for the Demo/Proto/Hybrid board. — Parallax Forums

Help with compiling Gridrunner for the Demo/Proto/Hybrid board.

BamseBamse Posts: 561
edited 2008-06-25 13:42 in Propeller 1
Howdy...

I just wonder if someone could try and re-compile the Gridrunner game for the Demoboard, Protoboard and the hybrid and attach the eeprom files here in this forum.
At the top of the code there are a few sections that can be un-commented and I wonder if I got the settings and the code that supposed to use the settings correctly.
Please let me know how it works.

The code can be found here, http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=732651
Since the sound driver is copyrighted I cannot attach it but OBC made a dummy driver that you can use to compile the code, http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=731721

Have fun and let me know how it works...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
[noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
[noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
[noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
[noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
[noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse
1600 x 1200 - 556K

Comments

• ClemensClemens Posts: 236
    edited 2008-06-21 17:16
    To get it running on the demoboard you also have to change this line:
    ·

······················· movs··· VCFG, #%0000_0111······························ ' VCFG'S = pinmask (pin31: 0000_0111 : pin24)
    ·
    to

······················· movs··· VCFG, #%0111_0000······························ ' VCFG'S = pinmask (pin15: 0111_0000 : pin8)
    ·
    ·
    in the initialization section of the graphic driver.
    ·
    Maybe it's a good idea to pass that parameter from the main file too?

(solved)

Looks like a cool game, Jeff!
    I can't play it though, since I don't have a gamepad. cry.gif

(has keyboard support nowsmile.gif )

Cheers,

Clemens

Post Edited (Clemens) : 6/25/2008 2:28:50 PM GMT
  • BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2008-06-24 01:36
    Thanks for catching the VCFG pinggroup, I have made an update to the code.

I'm actually not Jeff, Jeff Minter was the original coder of Gridrunner... tongue.gif
    He really did a great job on the C-64 and this is one of my favorite games...

Keyboard support would be a good idea, but I don't really know if the Hydra uses the same driver as the Demo/Proto board...
    Let me look into this...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.

/Bamse
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2008-06-24 01:50
    I believe Mike Green's "ComboKeyboard" driver works with both the Hydra and Demoboard
    requiring only a pin change at startup.

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Getting started with the Protoboard? - Propeller Cookbook 1.4
    Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
    Got an SD card? - PropDOS
    Need a part? Got spare electronics? - The Electronics Exchange
    edited 2008-06-24 03:15
    The combokeyboard driver works fine for the Hydra, I added Keyboard support...

Hopefully we are getting closer to have this game running on all "platforms"... wink.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Experience level:

/Bamse
    edited 2008-06-25 02:59
    Coley gave me a little nifty piece of code that detects the hardware automatically...

Could someone give this a try on a demo board ?
    Use the BAM_GridRunner_16.eeprom from the link in the top posting...
    The keyboard controls are I, J, K, M and Space for Up, Left, Right, Down and Fire...

Hope it works...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Experience level:

/Bamse
  • hinvhinv Posts: 1,253
    edited 2008-06-25 03:30
    Is this game anything like crossfire for the commodore & appleII?
    I REALLY liked that game in highschool.

//doug
    edited 2008-06-25 13:42
    I looked up crossfire and it doesn't look like there is much in common between the games...

Anyhow, give the eeprom a try and let me know what you think...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Experience level:

/Bamse