Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Updated TV_WText object — Parallax Forums

Updated TV_WText object

Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
edited 2008-06-17 23:24 in Propeller 1
Attached is an update of my TV_WText object. Added are broadcast video-with-sound capabilities and an additional decimal function that right justifies its output in a fixed-width field.

Eventually, this should go into the object exchange, I suppose. It's not mine alone to take credit for, though, containing contributions from Chip Gracey and Mike Green. So it's not clear how to spell out the copyright attribution for the ObEx.

Anyway, if you play the demo through TV channel 3, you'll get some sound effects to go with it. (It also allows broadcast on channels 2 and 4, but that's almost pointless. I couldn't get it to work at all at 54 and 66MHz and only marginally on channel 2 when I fiddled with the carrier frequency a little. The PLL jitter was too much, apparently, for my little Sharp TV.)

The archive also includes an unsigned math object which provides support for extended precision division (64 / 32 = 32) and multiplication by fractions (32 * 32 / 32 = 32). There's also a private function for extended multiplication (32 * 32 = 64), but Spin doesn't provide a convenient option for returning a 64-bit value, so I didn't make it public. I'll have to revisit this later if I get inspired. The entire object is written in Spin so as not to require an additional cog and was done primarily to make computing FRQx constants for the counters easier (FRQx = Freqency * 232 / clkfreq).

Please let me know of any bugs you find or suggestions you might have.

Thanks,
Phil