Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Whatever happened to CardboardGuru? — Parallax Forums

Whatever happened to CardboardGuru?

mparkmpark Posts: 1,305
edited 2008-07-10 09:35 in Propeller 1
He hasn't posted in months. Anyone know what he's up to nowadays?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Michael Park

PS, BTW, and FYI:
To search the forum, use search.parallax.com (do not use the Search button).
Check out the Propeller Wiki: propeller.wikispaces.com/

Comments

• BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2008-06-15 13:25
    Dunno, I'm guessing he's probably demo coding something for Andre's next project? I'm probably wrong, lol but yeah, he's been very quiet of late hasn't he?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    http://www.propgfx.co.uk/forum/·home of the PropGFX Lite

·
  • epmoyerepmoyer Posts: 314
    edited 2008-06-24 00:23
    I spoke with him back around ESC (April) and he was cranking away on a piece of iPhone software development. I was curious at the time whether he was interested in finishing up Defender to show at ESC but he was too swamped (as was I) to work on it then. My guess is that he'll have his head down working hard up until the iPhone app store release which is supposed to be sometime in July, presumably before or on the 11th to coincide with the 3G iPhone release. I've got to imagine he's making something cool [noparse];)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The World's First Open Source Guitar Pedal:··http://www.OpenStomp.com
  • Parallel UniverseParallel Universe Posts: 46
    edited 2008-06-25 15:46
    Maybe he's writing·some sort of·Prop emulator for the iPone. lol lol.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·</Parallel Universe>
  • CardboardGuruCardboardGuru Posts: 443
    edited 2008-07-10 00:37
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes, I'm doing some iPhone software right now. But probably NOT anything that anyone here would find cool! I'm working on some "productivity" apps, the first of which is an app for dieters, to track weight and such like. (Don't look for it on the iPhone App Store launch day, it'll be coming along later.)

I'm not doing games - there are lots of big games companies porting their blockbuster games to the iPhone. Stuff like Super Monkey Ball and Spore. These companies have teams of people that have created the assets for the games. It's not easy for an independent programmer to compete with. Having said that I work in association with another programmer, and he's doing a couple of puzzle games, so we'll see how they go.

Hope every is having fun with their propeller boards when they get a chance! I really must get Defender finished.

Regards,
    Steve.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Help to build the Propeller wiki - propeller.wikispaces.com
    Play Defender - Propeller version of the classic game
    Prop Room Robotics - my web store for Roomba spare parts in the UK
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2008-07-10 09:35
    Yay, good to hear from you again CG [noparse]:)[/noparse] good luck with your iPhone apps, it's hard being an independent, especially when looking for your next job.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    http://www.propgfx.co.uk/forum/·home of the PropGFX Lite

·