Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
TV.spin Vertical Size ? — Parallax Forums

TV.spin Vertical Size ?

jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
edited 2008-06-15 12:09 in Propeller 1
Anyone know how to adjust the vertical size output·of TV.spin?
My cheap-o DVD player/monitor has no adjustments.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Comments

• Ron SutcliffeRon Sutcliffe Posts: 420
    edited 2008-06-13 08:35
    This is not exactly what you are looking for but I did have a problem with vertical height on my 5 X 7 inch photo frame monitor (AVI) when using your Tv_Text _0524. I found that the top line was almost off the screen.

To my surprise, when I changed Cols and Rows from 32 X 16 to 40 X 13 in the header file and changed gtvText.hx = 4, I got a perfectly centered, flicker free screen.

Ron

Post Edited (Ron Sutcliffe) : 6/13/2008 2:34:02 PM GMT
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2008-06-13 15:15
    To Ron Sutcliffe,

Re: using a photo frame monitor, what sort of hardware i/f are you using?

All the units I've ever checked out did not have any video input jack, so am clueless as how one can 'easily' i/f to such a display.

I've been watching pricing on them and they seem to run about $10/inch. Only drawback is the frame always seems to be huge compared to the actual display; inches larger all around.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    edited 2008-06-13 15:51
    Its a long way of thread, but many 7 X 5 PF's in Malaysia have AVI in and out. I just took the frame off.
    One day I will put the Demo Board inside the case and use SD slot on the PF case.
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2008-06-13 15:56
    Ron. That works for me [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Just noticed that's the default sizes ... sorry about that ... copy paste error from VGA.
    Looks as good as TV_Text_Demo.Spin ... though still somewhat disappointing.
    Non-interlace mode is better on flicker of course, but the characters are out of control.

Guess the driver needs a better·overload ability for users.
    Note add x,#3 in this TV.spin snippet nudges the screen down.
        mov     x,vb                    'do visible back porch lines
        add     x,#3                    'move vstart down a little for "C" driver
        call    #blank_lines

Wonder what it would take to make the REM_14_TV.spin driver work with C.
    The images it produces are excellent with little in the way of shadows on characters.
    It appears to also be using non-interlace mode.

I'm also curious about your monitor. Do you have a manufacturer/model number ?
    Thanks

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2008-06-14 15:27
    @jazzed

I wish I could give you more info on these Photo Frames, but it is almost impossible to trace them back to a
    manufacturer. William Chan, Parallax Agent in KL might be able to help.

I took a Prop to the store in Penang and used it to test a PF with a my own version of the tvtext.spin.

I tried a few different models and there was a lot of difference in AV mode. Some ringing much more than others. The one I selected is near perfect white on blue. It comes with AVI in and out, CF/SD/MS/MCC and USB Port. Selectable NTSC or PAL, no SECAM. I would post Photos, but whilst in Australia recently some B#~/*}^%$ broke into my Hire Car. I lost my first 5 X 7 FP, an expensive Camera and Mobile Phone. [noparse]:([/noparse]( Camera is still to be replaced.

Thanks on the V nudge code snippet, others will no doubt also find it useful.

At this stage I am still using the Demo version and porting some of my code across to C, so have not looked beyond that.

I like your px.bat utility, would be nice to see that included somewhere in the IDE Tools

Ron
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2008-06-14 17:44
    Thanks Ron for the info.

Most photoframes I've looked at on the web sales I didn't notice any AVI input, though many had output. Does AVI input work directly with, say, TV_test object? That is the way I'm hoping to use it.

Sorry to hear of your loss due to break-in. No fun to return to car and find purchases and other items GONE!

Thanks

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    edited 2008-06-15 01:57
    @ Hartly

AVI in and out are both via 3mm mini phono jack. There are four seperate rings on the mini jacks, to accomodate Video, Left and Right Audio and Ground. Normally a mini stereo phono jack would only have three contact rings (left,right and ground) in this case Video in also on the same jack, hence the four rings.

Ron
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2008-06-15 05:58
    Searching for AVI provides many hits because of AVI video format.
    Looks like some Axions have AV input.

Axion AXN-9105M 10.5" $160
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N24UMO?smid=A2JUPN4BTA3CZV&tag=cnet-ce-20&linkCode=asn

Unknown DPF-006-2WH·7"·$101
    http://www.tradestead.com/wholesale/digital-photo-frames/photo-frames/digital-photo-frame-p-317.html

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Post Edited (jazzed) : 6/15/2008 5:13:11 PM GMT
    edited 2008-06-15 12:09
    Correct Jazzed, It is AV in AV out .

Ron