Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Erasing code from eeprom — Parallax Forums

Erasing code from eeprom

Frank70Frank70 Posts: 6
edited 2008-06-07 22:39 in Propeller 1
Hello everyone. I finally got my Prop. demo board starting to try some example codes. Well, I downloaded to the eeprom, just to try it and now I can't figure out how to erase it. I looked in the manual and couldn't find anything. do you simply override a program to it, I want to try some new objects but I need to erase this one first ?? I will down load to ram next time so will reset. I tried hitting the reset button but it still wont reset. Thanks for the Help!!

Comments

• Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,510
    edited 2008-06-07 21:30
    When you download a program to the eeprom it erases the previous program.

For quick tests program with F10 (loads to memory only) and for long term use (and away from PC) use F11 to program the eeprom as you have done.

Graham
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2008-06-07 22:15
    Make sure you only write a running (debugged) program to EEPROM. I have a LED hooked to the mouse pin on my proto board and the code residing in eeprom just flashes it once per second. This gives me a visual indication. I used a superbright LED and the inbuilt 10K pullup on the protoboard. smile.gif
  • Frank70Frank70 Posts: 6
    edited 2008-06-07 22:25
    Thanks guys!!
  • RizThomasRizThomas Posts: 24
    edited 2008-06-07 22:39
    I came across a "do nothing" spin code in the prop educ kit manual. They recommend to load it before shutting down just to make sure that nothing is loaded that may put any of the output pins to "1" or "just to start at nothing" when turned on ..I guess..