Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bad prop? — Parallax Forums

Bad prop?

SpinHeadSpinHead Posts: 28
edited 2008-06-05 05:19 in Propeller 1
I recently ordered 5 proto boards, I built all 5 at the same time in the same shop with the same components, I just got dont testing the code on the first one and now that is running (almost) perfectly it was time to load them and test them all, they all loaded fine, but 1 of the batch doesnt respond at all, I have a heartbeat LED on each board for status and it wont even blink that, but I can load programs to it no problem, odd? What should I do?

Mike

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-06-05 04:57
    Do other programs work on the 5th board? There's a known failure mode due to voltage stresses where the PLL output selector breaks and the PLL doesn't work. The Propeller will work fine for downloading and for programs that use the built-in RCFAST or RCSLOW clock modes, but the crystal modes don't work. Try a heartbeat LED test program using RCFAST. If that works, you may have blown the PLL circuitry on the Propeller chip. If so, call Parallax tech support.
  • SpinHeadSpinHead Posts: 28
    edited 2008-06-05 05:19
    Son of a gun, thanks mike, looks like thats what the problem is. My led is blinking its litle heart out, Odd that 1 out of 5 should have a problem with as close to identical handling as I could muster. Has anyone had a problem with this, can parallax just send a new chip out so I can replace it or am I going to unsolder everything off here shocked.gif ?
    Thanks,
    Mike