Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HYDRA SD Max Storage Card on back of Circuit Cellar... — Parallax Forums

HYDRA SD Max Storage Card on back of Circuit Cellar...

RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
edited 2008-06-05 20:09 in Propeller 1
If anyone else has seen this yet do you happen to notice anything odd about the picture?

Comments

• ColeyColey Posts: 1,110
    edited 2008-06-04 21:14
    I've seen it but maybe I haven't looked at it closely enough as I couldn't see anything odd.

lol

Then again, I've just had another look, the card is in the wrong way round!! tongue.gif

Regards,

Coley

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    PropGFX Forums - The home of the Hybrid Development System and PropGFX Lite
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2008-06-04 21:45
    lol [noparse];)[/noparse] just seen it too, rofl, oops. nice find RobotWorkshop [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    http://www.propgfx.co.uk/forum/·home of the PropGFX Lite

·
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2008-06-05 08:45
    I don't have the issue yet, what's odd with it?

Andre'
    edited 2008-06-05 08:46
    They're put the SD card in upside down ;P

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·
    edited 2008-06-05 10:11
    Can you take a photo of the ad and post it here, so I can see it? I want to notify the art department at parallax, maybe CC will give them a free month and they can put the SD card in correctly [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Andre'

Post Edited (AndreL) : 6/5/2008 6:22:26 PM GMT
    edited 2008-06-05 12:26
    I can't even think of an excuse for putting it in upside down, racked my brain for a reason last night, but couldn't come up with one lol.
    There ya go, attached [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    255 x 209 - 16K
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2008-06-05 14:10
    Maybe the logic was to keep the SD label face up...
    Does look a bit silly to those of us who know better..

OBC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New to the Propeller?

Getting started with the Protoboard? - Propeller Cookbook 1.4
    Updates to the Cookbook are now posted to: Propeller.warrantyvoid.us
    Got an SD card? - PropDOS
    Need a part? Got spare electronics? - The Electronics Exchange
  • RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2008-06-05 14:37
    If I had to guess it was probably placed that way so you could clearly read "Hi-Speed" that was on the label of the SD card itself.
    edited 2008-06-05 14:47
    I thought that, but then thought but you'd also be able to see a clear very readable 1GB on the card

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

·
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2008-06-05 16:19
    Looks like PQI (SD card manufacturer) should pay for part of that advertisement
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,388
    edited 2008-06-05 17:16
    I hope our marketing team doesn't read·the "pretty lame"·part of·Andre's message, considering all the fine work they've done to promote the Hydra!

This mistake can happen because we're a low-structure organization. The high number of advertisements, web graphics, packaging and book covers they produce requires total autonomy and quick response from the key individuals who do the work. The cost of detailed review isn't worth the hassle for anybody, considering it only reduces output. And I don't think anybody could have easily identified the upside-down SD card anyway. I wouldn't have caught it.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Jen J.Jen J. Posts: 649
    edited 2008-06-05 17:20
    Whoops! Sorry about that. blush.gif
    Even the pros make mistakes sometimes.

We'll get that product image fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks for keeping us honest.
    Cheers, JJ
    edited 2008-06-05 18:36
    When you posted your post, I thought you meant that the gold fingers where sticking out or something and the card was backwards!!!! This image is fine, what happened was I had nice photos of the SD card without the card in it, then I needed some with the card in it, but had like 5 mins to make them for some reason at the time. So I took a pre-made photo of the card and the SD card, and photoshoped them together in the slot, and I wanted the manufacturer name to show and high speed, so I left it upside down in the SD slot since it "looked" better.

So you noticed it because of the tab, I should have photoshoped it to the other side to be correct [noparse]:)[/noparse]

You gave me a heart attack for a minute, I thought you meant that the image looked like the one attached here, I was like "how on earth could that happen?".

So we are all good, just a little photoshop faux pas that only the most discerning would notice, but I take 100% responsibility for it [noparse]:)[/noparse]

And Jen, that's my fault of course. But, I like it better that way anyway, I did want the text readable, but I forgot to reflect the tab to other side. I don't think anyone ELSE will notice though and if they do, its a good conversation piece, so maybe subconsciously I meant to do that, now that ad will become famous and sell more cards!

Andre'

Post Edited (AndreL) : 6/5/2008 6:47:12 PM GMT
    416 x 697 - 67K
  • RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2008-06-05 20:07
    Ahh, If you read my original post I thought is might have been done on purpose as an easter egg like tpw_man found on the 128K card in another post. It was posted as a question to see if others would be able to pickup on what looked out of place.

And yes, it was the corner that gave it away. Even so, you can still make out the write protect switch on the left.

It's no big deal. I've already got one of the cards and it is a great add-on for the Hydra. Well planned and laid out.

I doubt that most people would even notice or give it a second glance.
    edited 2008-06-05 20:09
    Maybe it was on purpose [noparse]:)[/noparse] Made you look right!

Andre'