Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
circles and lines — Parallax Forums

circles and lines

nicolad76nicolad76 Posts: 164
edited 2008-04-28 23:29 in Propeller 1
Hi,
I have this monitor without any "video memory"...my propeller is attached to 3 X 24CF1025 so I was thinking to use one of those as place where I create the picture and show it on the display.
The problem is that if I want to draw a line, then I have to map all "points" into mem locations and then push everything to the display. Of course it will take time.

Do you think this is the right way to do it? Consider that display would allow me to turn a pixel on and of and it does not need refresh to keep it in that way. It is eInk so each pixel will mantain the status till I want to change it.

There is any tecnique?

Same proble is when I wan to use "chars". I have loaded a b/w font into one of the eeprom and I want to use it to write on the screen. The command I can send to the display are just like "fill up" are (x1,y1-x2,y2) to reflect a sequence of byte (1 means turn pixel on, 0 turn pixel off).

I believe someone else had same problem already....any good piece of adviece for me?
Thanks

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-04-28 23:15
    If the driver for the eink display does not provide primative graphics routines you will have to create them externally, and the only way to affect the display is pixel by pixel. Writing the graphics routines in assembly will go quite a ways to speeding up the process. There are tried and true methods for generating graphics primatives so it should be more of an issue of porting the code over.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • nicolad76nicolad76 Posts: 164
    edited 2008-04-28 23:29
    display is 800x600...I think I have to use an external eeprom to build the image...I guess is going to be fun [noparse]:)[/noparse]