Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
A new problem with 96uOled and propeller — Parallax Forums

A new problem with 96uOled and propeller

sticktradersticktrader Posts: 15
edited 2008-04-26 22:56 in Propeller 1
I am having problems with my 96uOled and propeller chip in that it worked fine at first with my prop plug downloading the software and changing the programs but now It seems it is not taking the program or only a portion of the program.· Anybody have some clues as to what is going on?· I am using just a prop plug and the 96uOled with the propeller chip built into it and a power source.

Thanks

Comments

• Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-04-25 12:55
    Do you have a picture of your set up? Perhaps we can see something. How stable are all the wire connection and headers and such?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter

www.brilldea.com·- check out the uOLED-IOC, an I/O expansion for the uOLED-96-PROP
    www.tdswieter.com
    One little spark of imagination is all it takes for an idea to explode
  • sticktradersticktrader Posts: 15
    edited 2008-04-25 16:02
    Wow,
    ·· Thanks for the quick response.· You will note I have also to Parallax GPS module on the board because I am in the process of eventually getting your product and the GPS to talk.
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 14,233
    edited 2008-04-25 16:15
    Make sure you get the latest version of the Prop Tool.· Previous versions would fail to load in some instances...
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-04-25 22:55
    I think Raymond has pinpointed your issue. Older versions would fail downloading large programs on computers which have latency issues. The newest version has fixed the problem by restructuring the threads in a way that system calls cannot interfere with the serial communication.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2008-04-25 23:09
    Hmmm, I first encountered the problem using v1.05.5 so I took it over to my laptop which uses v1.1. I'll try it again this afternoon with my laptop and see if I can get the EEPROM to go back to normal. I do believe your right in that it lies with the threads of the program. I am just not sure how to correct the problem.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-04-25 23:20
    Hmm, version 1.1 shouldn't have issues. Let us know if your problem persists with v1.1.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 14,233
    edited 2008-04-26 12:02
    The new version really does fix this problem (at least for me). I still have occasional trouble on one machine getting the tool to recognize the Prop... But, once it starts loading, it always suceeds now.

I have found that unplugging the USB cable from the PC and replugging seems to fix the recognition problem for a while...
    edited 2008-04-26 22:56
    Well I found what may have been another problem I was not aware could happen. The power source I was running the 64uOled on was 3.5 volts which may have dropped some since the battery has lost some power. So I rerouted the power source to the 64uOled to bring in 5.0 volts and wala now suddenly all problems are solved. I decided to write this in case anyone else is encountering the same problem.

Thanks everyone!