Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Object Exchange — Parallax Forums

Object Exchange

Paul MPaul M Posts: 95
edited 2008-04-24 17:10 in Propeller 1
Is there anywhere formal where problems or potential bugs in objects from the OBEX can be reported?
I realise that all objects are used as is and without warranty but if bugs are discovered and·can be reported and/or fixed it would probably save·later users time and agony.
This post was prompted by use the 'sparecogs' object·which has a bug: the 'freestring' method does not work correctly.··

Comments

• Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2008-04-24 11:23
    I guess the best way at the moment is to just report it here on the forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Share the knowledge: propeller.wikispaces.com
    Lets make some music: www.andrewarsenault.com/hss

• Ken PetersonKen Peterson Posts: 806
    edited 2008-04-24 12:22
    Perhaps you can send a P.M. to the author of the object. Putting it on the forum is also a good idea in case someone else is having problems with the object.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 14,233
    edited 2008-04-24 12:57
    There is a "write a review" button on the obex page... I think this is a good way to post problems there for potential users to see...

This is an area that Parallax could improve on. I like the way Codeguru allows feedback on the bottom of their item pages...
  • Paul MPaul M Posts: 95
    edited 2008-04-24 14:14
    I thought about the review area but, if the problem is fixed, the review would ideally need to be removed

The authors nmae is given (but not a link) If these are forum user names I suppose they can be looked up in the Member List?
  • edited 2008-04-24 17:10
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your questions and feedback. To submit any questions or feedback regarding the OBEX please refer to the bottom of the OBEX home page and click on the link.

Please contact obex.support@parallax.com with comments or questions.

We are currently and always in the process of updating and improving many pieces to the OBEX. Currently the new changes are located on the non-production server. We should have them completed within just a few days and moved over to the live server. This may resolve some or all of the issues mentioned in this thread. If not please do not hesitate to provide us the feedback at the link mentioned. We want to hear from you regarding any of these issues.

Best Regards