Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe-Bot routines needed for the propeller — Parallax Forums

Boe-Bot routines needed for the propeller

edlikestoboogieedlikestoboogie Posts: 71
edited 2008-08-15 04:25 in Propeller 1
I know Mike made BotBot routines for the propeller with his interpreter botbotbasic. I just downloaded it and noticed that the code is huge, and a lot of the code is in precompiled binary format. In any case, I need a set of routines that communicate and control, the ping sensor and the two movement servos that come with the boebot. I'm sure somebody here has written them already, and I do not feel like recoding them. Please, to whoever has code like this, post them up, I have googled my eyes out looking for them.

Comments

• edlikestoboogieedlikestoboogie Posts: 71
    edited 2008-04-24 02:10
    oh yeah. i am looking for simple routines, like turning 90 degrees, and moving forward/backward , and moving leftwards/rightwards some degree, and determining distance using ping.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2008-04-24 03:34
    The PING))) object in the Object Exchange will determine distance. The Servo-4 object will handle up to 4 servos all in Spin. All of the servo control code simply takes a control pulse width (1ms to 2ms) and takes care of producing the pulse every 20ms or so. You'll have to decide what pulse width you need to make the servo do what you want. For standard servos, 1ms represents one end of the range of movement while 2ms represents the other end of the range. For continuous motion servos (like the wheel servos on the BoeBot), 1ms represents full speed motion in one direction while 2ms represents full speed motion in the other direction with 1.5ms (approximately) the stopped pulse setting.

Note that Servo-4 is intended for standard servos and the routines take arguments in terms of angles and will "ramp" the servo from one position to another. For continuous motion servos, this doesn't really apply. What would be angles are really speeds in either direction.

BoeBotBasic is huge because it's a Basic interpreter. The binary versions are there in case you don't want to compile them yourself. There's one version that works with the programming port (pins 31/30) for "console" I/O and another version that works wirelessly with an xBee interface. Read the manual included with it.

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 4/24/2008 3:45:01 AM GMT
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-08-15 03:46
    I need these codes myself!!
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2008-08-15 04:25
    There is BoeBot spin code in this package: http://www.botmag.com/issue10/Propeller Code.zip

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔