Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp Not found USB connection problem — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp Not found USB connection problem

lazytraxlazytrax Posts: 4
edited 2008-04-22 14:15 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I have just bought this kit and i have problems connecting it to my computer for a school activity.
I have the Board of Education Kit USB full kit Rev C (version number #28803)
It has a fresh brand new 9v batt in there that has been tested with a multimeter as well.
Using a USB cable to connect it. It is the same usb cable that came with the kit. i have also tried another cable just incase if the cable was defected.
So far i have tried this on a windows xp 32bit system and a windows vista 32bit system. (both has failed to detect the board)
I have installed the Basic Stamp editor v2.4 on both vista and xp and it has failed to work. The usb drivers has been installed too.
(pretty much i have followed every step in the manual and it has failed to work)
There is a loopback "YES" when connected but it echo "NO" at all times and at the end of ident. it will show that "Basic Stamp Not Found"
Please advise me on what i should try. thanks in advance. ( could i have a defected board?)

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2008-04-11 13:12
    Have you perhaps plugged the BS2 into the BOE upside down?

Don't just reverse it and try it -- examine the picture in the HELP file and make sure.

Also, did you 'install' the drivers for the USB BEFORE you plugged in the USB?

Also, did you measure the voltage on the 9-volt battery while it was driving the BOE? "Open-Circuit" voltage on an almost dead 9-volt can still read 9-volts -- it's the "Under Load" voltage you want.

Also, do you have any circuitry in the "prototype" area? It's possible for a short there to prevent operation of the BS2.
  • lazytraxlazytrax Posts: 4
    edited 2008-04-11 18:27
    o okay. i actaully got it working now.. just doubled checked the connections..
    edited 2008-04-11 18:45
    Yay! Glad you got it working.
  • NovakNovak Posts: 1
    edited 2008-04-21 23:05
    I am having the same problem, but only with one BOE out of 10 in my class.· I did the troubleshooting towards the back of the book, but to no avail.· Any ideas?
    edited 2008-04-22 01:13
    Why yes -- start your own thread. Otherwise, the solutions get too confusing.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2008-04-22 14:15
    Novak,

You can contact us directly at support@parallax.com for assistance. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support