Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
about eeprom — Parallax Forums

about eeprom

honeyboyhoneyboy Posts: 3
edited 2008-04-15 09:30 in Propeller 1
hello,everyone! I am a chinese student. I· am a new propeller use's.
I want to ask some questions about it,how can i read or write datas from or into the propeller chip's eeprom??
if anyone who can help me ,please

Comments

• stevenmess2004stevenmess2004 Posts: 1,102
    edited 2008-04-09 06:59
    First of all welcome to the forums.

This thread http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=617192 has a very nice eeprom object that allows you to read and write data from the eeprom. You can also get to it by going to the Propeller Education Kit Labs sticky thread at the top of the forum.
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-04-09 23:15
    The EEPROM is I2C. If you can code or use one of the objects available that communicate with I2C you are almost there. Then you add the interface code to call the EEPROM and memory location. The post that Steve linked to has many more details in one of the labs.

Welcome to the forums as well. How did you find out about the Propeller? Where in China are you located?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter

www.brilldea.com·- check out the uOLED-IOC, an I/O expansion for the uOLED-96-PROP
    www.tdswieter.com
    One little spark of imagination is all it takes for an idea to explode
  • honeyboyhoneyboy Posts: 3
    edited 2008-04-14 01:28
    thank you ! my teacher's friend who is in hongkong, so i can have propeller chip.i live in shenzhen .
    then i also have a Propeller Demo Board.so can i read or write datas from eeprom drictly??
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2008-04-14 07:52
    Hi Honeyboy -

I live in Hong kong and I enjoy experimenting with the Propeller. Yes, you can read and write to the EEPROM of the demo board, but you must be extremely careful because that EEPROM also holds the Propeller program that is loaded when you start the chip. The Demo Board EEPROM does not have extra room for storing values like the Proto Board EEPROM has extra room.

You are very lucky HoneyBoy. Do you go to the SEG electronics market often? There are many great deals there to buy materials for use in your electronics projects.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter

www.brilldea.com·- check out the uOLED-IOC, an I/O expansion for the uOLED-96-PROP
    www.tdswieter.com
    One little spark of imagination is all it takes for an idea to explode
  • honeyboyhoneyboy Posts: 3
    edited 2008-04-15 09:09
    oh,very nice!you live in hongkong,really?
    i live in Shenzhen,nearby hongkong!what a pity ,i have no chance going to honhkong .oh,i am a student,currently,i plan to use The Demo Board controling 8 servos(which produced in parallax ),i mean i want to control QuadCrawler(http://www.parallax.com/tabid/417/Default.aspx).
    do you think i shoud use how many cogs,so as to make QuadCrawler'8 servos worked correctly, quickly and stable? i need your help.
  • stevenmess2004stevenmess2004 Posts: 1,102
    edited 2008-04-15 09:30
    You should only need two to control the servos. There is an object called servo32.spin in the library that gets installed with the propTool. That should have what you need.